Thursday, June 09, 2011

A little sharing

Saw this in one of my mail that looks extraordinary title

Self created meanings

I believe it was written by one of a brother or sister's experience.


I called a nice rock, Jack...it is still just a piece of granite.
I called a beautiful tree, Jill...it is still just a tall tree.
I called this ground under me, Singapore...but it is still just sand and rock...
It is not the word, but the meaning behind the word and what it meaning to my heart. To my heart, Singapore means Home... My home...My Singapore...

Same with all inanimate or created things...
While some meanings are useful, most are meaningless and unnecessary...

I am still trying to understand why my stupid pair of $500 Dunhill shoes means so much to me... I mean...I almost shouted at the guy who split coffee on my shoes... In reality, is still just a piece of cow skin (God bless the cow). Yet it means to much to my heart, I am so proud of this shoe that (I really DO look so nice in it...) I become fearful of damaging, dirtying or loosing this pair of shoes.... I gave Fear power over me by my creating the meaning of this shoe in my heart... Fear now has influence over me in a most sub-conscious & unknowing manner... Jesus said: “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Matt 6:11) I created all by my lovely self, so many absolutely meaningless nothings....my heart is now so full...how can God of love fit in...?

No comments: